[OLUG] sendmail/DNS woes

brian at bstc.net brian at bstc.net
Wed May 31 03:11:17 UTC 2000

the dns you have setup ( whatever 199.221.35.1 is ) doesn't look like
it is setup correctly, what does the output of this command look like:

`host -t mx yahoo.com 199.221.35.1`

if it does _not_ look like this:

[root at gomer /root]# host -t mx yahoo.com 192.168.10.2
Using domain server 192.168.10.2:
yahoo.com mail is handled (pri=0) by mx1.mail.yahoo.com
yahoo.com mail is handled (pri=1) by mx2.mail.yahoo.com
[root at gomer /root]#

then there is a configuration issue on the machine you setup as a
nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf

Brian Roberson
OLUG Founder,
President,