[OLUG] VPN

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Sun May 28 17:27:18 UTC 2000

> Has anyone sucessfully setup a secure VPN between Linux and WinNT?

There are two ways of doing that:

* PoPToP (search for that on freshmeat.net) provides a PPTP server on
  Linux.  Just keep in mind that you'll probably need to patch pppd to get
  any sort of usable encryption.  There is also a PPTP Linux client
  listed on freshmeat.net, but it has no encryption support.
* IPsec - http://www.freeswan.org

I recommend IPsec.  If you get it to work you can tell us all about it at
the next meeting :)

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein