[OLUG] Lincoln LUG

tetherow at nol.org tetherow at nol.org
Tue Mar 28 18:06:27 UTC 2000

On 28 Mar, Eric Penne wrote:
> Looks like somebody is trying to put a Lincoln LUG
> back together although right now all he says is UNL
> LUG.
>
> I stopped by the install-a-thon on Sunday on the UNL
> campus and was kinda disappointed.  They were
> installing SuSE 6.3 but everybody I asked had never
> used YAST before.  They did do it nice by setting up
> an FTP server and doing it all via FTP install.
>
> How many people on this list are from Lincoln?  How
> many were previously part of the Lincoln LUG or
> Lincoln mailing list?  Why did the Lincoln LUG
> disappear?  If you have any questions about the UNL
> LUG email me at epenne at ieee.org and I will try to
> direct you to the person who is in charge.  I won't
> post his email right now on the list.

I'm in Lincoln and I don't know if you could say we have disappeared,
just gone on hiatus.  Actually there were two groups here in Lincoln.
Quinn was pretty much responsible (if you could say that ;) for the UNL
LUG as he put together presentations and such over on east campus.
The-Other-LUG was really more like a bunch of people who got together,
drank beer and ate pizza while talking about a vast group of topics
loosely related to free software and Linux/BSD.

Quinn moved to Omaha so obviously he quit doing the East Campus
presentations.  I can't speak for the rest of the beer drinkers but I
have been deluged with work and now twins so I have had 0 time to call
a beer and pizza gathering and doubt I would be able to attend one any
time soon.  Not that that should stop anyone else for holding such a
gathering.

> If I were to have a job announcement for 10-15
> programmers in the Lincoln area would I want to mail
> that to this list or do we have a better place for me
> to post it?

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but that is becuase I would turn
around and ad as well if people didn't bite your head off ;)

Or if the position looked good enough I might apply ;)

Sam Tetherow                           tetherow at nol.org
Director of Development
Nebrask@ Online                        http://www.nol.org/