[OLUG] swap partition fun

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Mar 27 19:29:35 UTC 2000

Adam Lassek says:

> I recently gave myself a larger swap partition 'cause I though it was a
> bit too small, and now when the system boots up it says /dev/hdc8:
> invalid argument. I'm not sure what I did wrong here, I set the value to
> 82 in fdisk. here's the line for it in /etc/fstab:
> /dev/hdc8	swap	swap	defaults 0 0
> Am I missing something here? I've never really set up a swap partition
> myself before, so I don't really know the procedure.

My /etc/fstab says:

/dev/sdc2       none          swap   sw                         0      0

Try changing that first "swap" in your file to "none".

Also, did you run mkswap?

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619