[OLUG] finally :)

puzzled puzzled at home.com
Sat Mar 18 06:57:38 UTC 2000

 Like many things that @home does this is just plain broken. mail is just mail, right? Nope - its
actually a mail server for each market, near as I can figure. They should have done somthing like
<market_name>_mail ie omaha_mail, jerseycity_mail, whatever ...

  The other obvious broken thing is having IP addresses from two different subnets on the same cable
modem ... utterly ruins local transfer rate and you have to do something wacky like a secondary address
on each device on the segment which only works until you're cursed with one windows95 box that *must*
stay on for your wife ... *grrr*

   When I am king these obivously stupid things will be banished and I'll come up with my own
incomprehensible policies which will drive everyone to distraction but me :-)