[OLUG] Make error

ktb xyf at inetnebr.com
Thu Mar 16 05:06:09 UTC 2000

Well I'm getting closer to getting XFree86-3.3.6 src built.  It seems my RH
6.0 system isn't set up to build src files.  As I go through the process I
had to install bzip2, patch and make, as I see the error messages.  My last
error appeared just after 'make' was started.  The error was "cc: Command
not found."  I searched for 'cc' on the cd and it is not listed.  Does
anyone know if 'cc' is a program?  I tried various queries with rpm but
didn't find anything.  I may not be using rpm -q quite right though as I'm
inexperienced with that.
Thanks,
kent