[OLUG] yet more ppp

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 5 18:01:15 UTC 2000

Most providers have automatic pap login/auth, but it sounds like you're
getting a login and password prompt.  According to the ppphowto,
negotiating this will require receive/send lines in your chat script.
The use of minicom is mearly to see what the prompt looks like so as to
know how to write the chat script.  If this is what you need advice on,
then send us the chat file.  I haven't had to deal with this sort of
login, but I am sure someone here has...  Try less ppphowto then /
chat.  Also see man chat.

Mike