[OLUG] Help a Zope dope

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Jun 26 22:59:08 UTC 2000

I'm trying to get started with Zope, but I just can't seem to get any
traction.  I need a Zope guru to help me see the forest for the one hand
clapping.

Let's say I've set up Zope and Z server on my Linux box and I want to
let people who visit my Web site leave comments.  I want to give them a
textbox and a submit button.  (I've got this part down.)  When the user
hits "submit" I want to add the comments to a Zope object database as a
text document.  Perhaps I want to change the permissions so everyone
can read this document but no one but the superuser can delete it.

This simple wish can't be hard, but how do I do it?  And where can I get
some intro docs so a Zope novice can RTFM?

While I'm at it, how do I write a Python script and run it from the command
line that accesses Zope documents, perhaps even adding new documents and
modifying old ones?

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619