[OLUG] OLUG Meeting Flyer

jferguson3 at home.com jferguson3 at home.com
Mon Jun 26 16:24:37 UTC 2000

Nick,

I was thinking about this this morning.  I dont mind designing the flyers too
much (although I admit its not the most inspired design in the world).  If
you have any design ideas, let me know.  I did, Im kind of ashamed to admit,
design this one in PowerPoint (boo... hiss). I knew it would save as a gif
from there.  Hopefully I'll be free of MS products for the next flyer.

However, Im thinking that it might be nice to "customize" the Tux logo for
OLUG.  Some midwestern theme, I don't know (maybe a straw hat...
NO *$&%ING HUSKERS STUFF!!!).

I am going to need some help distributing flyers though.

Jason

Nick Stankus wrote:

> Jason,
>
>   I am new to the group, but I would love to help out with making the
> flyers. I have had Linux in the past and hope to have it in the future.
> You see I just can't buy a new computer right now and I needed all the
> space on my hard drive for other stuff. Anyways enough about me, I am
> pretty good at graphic design so I definatly wouldn't mind making a flyer.
> I have referances of what I have done...
> http://www.novia.net/~nickaboo/kult/ is a site I do for this group called
> K.U.L.T.(Kennedy's Uber L33t Terrorists)  http://www.thekult.org it is a
> organization of kind of outcasts....Also there is my personal sites
> http://www.lovethatnixter.cjb.net http://www.lovethatnixter.cjb.net/news/
> http://nixter.homepage.com All the graphics on these sites are originals
> that I made and I would love to do some print work for you guys.
>
>   Well now that you know my life...sorry to bore you guys. I would love to
> help with the flyers. I would even had some out too.
>
>     Nick Stankus
>     aka "The Nixter"  aka "lovethatnixter"
>     Software Engineer
>     Computer Associates