[OLUG] mount (windows)

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Mon Jun 26 14:33:08 UTC 2000

you have to make sure that the directory /mnt/hda1 exists for this to
work. Of course, if your windows partition is not on /dev/hda1 this will
fail, as well. You can see what partitions are on your system with

fdisk -l

Nathan Brown wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the command is to mount a windows drive?  I seem
> to have lost the thing someplace
>
> mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1  does not work .  I thought that was
> it .  Must not be
>
> Thanks
> Nate

* Chad S. Lauritsen, Systems Administrator                       *
* Perfection Learning Corporation                                *
* 1000 North Second Avenue, Logan, IA 51546 712.644.2831 x 223   *
"Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." --Jesus