[OLUG] Science Fair Topics

Mike Hostetler thehaas at binary.net
Mon Jun 5 13:35:41 UTC 2000

Brian,

I have a good book on Discrete Math that does a great job explaining RSA
Encryption.  It would be an easy program to write and it does cool
things.

If interested, email me privately.

- mikeh

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 10:08:17PM -0500, Brian Z wrote:
> OLUG Members,
>
> Next year for school, I'm going to do a science fair experiment.
> I am having problems trying to decide on an experiment to perform.  I
> was
> hoping someone here had some ideas they could pass along to me.  I
> would like to do a project dealing with any combination of the following
> topics:
>
> Linux, JAVA, Cryptography, The Internet, and Maths (Algebra and above).
>
> A few years ago, I wrote a program in perl to ping different Internet
> routers.  I used the ping times to represent how busy the Internet was
> at a given time.  That project won the junior division.
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Brian
> --
>
> Brian Z - Kidlink IRC Team Member
>           Kidlink MUSH Assistant Manager
>           Webmaster of http://www.brianz.net
>           Webmaster of http://www.catholic-church.org/StPeters/
>           Webmaster of http://www.kidlink.org/mush/
>
> Check out http://www.brianz.net : The Ultimate Web Design
> Resource

Mike Hostetler
thehaas at binary.net
http://www.binary.net/thehaas
GnuPG key: http://www.binary.net/thehaas/mikeh.gpg

"What good is having someone who can walk on water if you don't follow
in his footsteps?"