[olug] debian/ipfwadm problem; was: can't ping winbox

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Mon Jul 31 13:42:51 UTC 2000

> Ok.  Thanks Phil.  So my error was to answer yes there is a gateway...
> when I went through the install routine.  Now what else is foobar?

Dunno.  We'll se what doesn't work after the networking is straightened
out...

> I think the ipfwadm lines in netbase are probably messed up.

If you think they're messed up post 'em.  Someone will be able to help you
out.

> Say is there a gui netconfig tool for debian?

Nope.

> Can I get deselect, dpkg or apt-get to somehow go through the network
> configuration all over again?

No.  The network configuration is handled by the installation mechanism
and is never touched by dselect/dpkg/apt-*.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein