[olug] can't ping winbox

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 29 16:35:48 UTC 2000

I've been messing with the route command since I think the problem is in
the routeing tables, and if they weren't messed up before they
definately are now

route -n

destn		gateway		msk			iface
127.0.0.1	0.0.0.0		255.255.255.255		lo
192.168.1.0	0.0.0.0		255.255.255.0		eth0
0.0.0.0		0.0.0.0		0.0.0.0			ppp0

I deleted the existing route stuff and followed the net-3 advice to get
the above lines setup.  The instructions on "route add gw..." seemed to
not exactly fit...  I don't know wether to make eth0 or ppp0 the gw.
Linux firewall samba server and window box ea with ethernet cards and
connecting to the internet through the linuxbox.

hosts
127.0.0.1	localhost
192.168.1.1	p120.mjm.net	p120, linuxbox
192.168.1.2	c366.mjm.net	c366, win98box