[olug] more ipchains

mesc mescie at home.com
Sun Jul 16 01:05:28 UTC 2000

I installed pmfirewall and it is helpful for  a newbie  like me to look
at  pmfirewall.rules.local and see what's allowed in/out and how,it's
starting to make sense to me.I plan on buying  that  TCP/IP book come
payday as vincent suggested,it may not be lite reading but I love a
challenge :)I have portsentry running on my box,I'm still trying to
figure out cron so it will e-mail me if I'm scanned or otherwise
attacked.Is portsentry  the same as snort tho?Thanx to Daniel  Pfile for
the  online reading material too.

            Gary  Martin.