[olug] mail prog

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Sun Jul 16 05:00:35 UTC 2000

mesc wrote:

> Ok I didn't know postfix was an mta.I must be on the right track because
> my cron e-mailed me back on my logcheck,but it's not quiet right yet.This
> is a line from my crontab file pertaining to my logcheck>1 * * * * root
> run-parts /usr/local/etc/logcheck.sh..I just have it set to run every
> minute untill I get it to work  right,and  this is what I just got back
> from it in my e-mail>Not a directory:
> /usr/local/etc/logcheck.sh........any ideas what may be wrong?
>
>             Thanks again,Gary Martin.

"1 * * * *" in your crontab will only run on the first minute of every
hour, not every minute.  If you want it to run every minute, change your

It sounds like your problem is logcheck.sh is located somewhere else on
your system.  /usr/local/etc/ was the default location when I installed
Portsentry.  You just need to locate yours and change the path in your
cron job.

try this:

locate logcheck.sh