[olug] mail prog

Daniel Pfile pfiled at marietta.edu
Sun Jul 16 03:23:20 UTC 2000

what distro are you using? I've been spending the past week learning ldap
in order to make it the big giant brain for a web hosting setup, and have
gained alot of insight into debian's arch, ldap, and qmail. For example, I
have a dummy mta deb that lets me compile my own mta, without
destroying mta deps (uninstalling an mta asks you to remove such
progs as at and mutt!!). Usefull for qmail with ldap patches. I only say
this, cause debian uses exim by default, which is fine and dandy, but
qmail gets my vote for setup/admin ease, and speed.

I'm gonna have to start documenting what I'm doing. I'm thinking of doing
either a howto, or at least a few notes online. Integrating ldap with
linux takes alot of digging. If I read one more rfc my head is going to
explode.

# Daniel Pfile        # I have no cool signature.
# pfiled at marietta.edu # Finger for free illegal software.