[olug] Cable Modem

David A Davidson davida_davidson at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 19:47:07 UTC 2000

There isn't really that much to configure. Make sure your network card is supported
in the kernel. Most are already included in the kernel. Next you need to set up your
gateway, DNS and ip information. Reboot your machine and you should be ready
to go. There is nothing to set up for the cable modem. Since you may have an always
on connection you may want to set up a firewall. You'll be surprised how often
your ports may be checked.