[OLUG] RE: Helixcode

Vincent vraffensberger at home.com
Sat Jul 1 19:25:50 UTC 2000

Adam Lassek wrote:

> I'm trying to get Helixcode Gnome running as a non-privaled user, and
> I'm able to get it working, but I"m having issues here. When I log in as
> a regular user, I get just regular X with no window manager and a
> filemanager window with no border. I have to manually run gnome-session
> and gmc to get Gnome up and running properly. A real pain. Does anyone
> know how I can get this logging in properly?

As non-root:
Try switching the window manager to twm (wm-properties-capplet --sync)
and then close your session and open it again.  After that switch it
back to what you want and restart the session again.  You can also
switch between KDE and Gnome (switchdesk) once and see if that fixes
your gnome-session problem.

If all else fails/you're tired of playing with it, you can do this:

rm -rf ~/.gnome* ~/.saw*