[OLUG] SCSI Bus Resets

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Jan 31 14:54:13 UTC 2000

Jason Ferguson says:

> A little more info... this is getting weirder and weirder.

> These problems appeared when I was trying to network and masquerade my Windows
> 98 machine (gotta have my games and I dont like star office!). As soon as it
> appeared that the Win box (Torg) was on the network and load a web page, the
> Linux box (Riff) would start its SCSI resets. So I yanked out the SCSI card...
> only to have the IDE bus start resetting!!!  I can't find anything like this
> problem posted on deja.com, which is my main repository for solving problems.

How long had Riff been running without problems before the SCSI resets
started?  Was it running Linux?

> I mean, I know that the SCSI bus and the network are totally separate, but
> since this all started happening at the same time... plus my sound is acting
> screwy...

Troubleshooting is a lot of work.  Have you thought about starting fresh
with a new computer? :-)

> Might just be reinstall time.  I have an ISO of Mandrake 7 to play with...

It is always reinstall time.

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619