[OLUG] SCSI Bus Resets

Super-User burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Jan 31 06:16:55 UTC 2000

Jason Ferguson says:

> Im having a bit of difficulty here... I keep getting the following
> error:

> SCSI host 0 abort (pid 1227) timed out - resetting
> SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
> SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 1227) timed out - trying harder
> SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.

> Does this mean my scsi card (adaptec 2930) is going bad?

Did it work for quite a while without any errors?  If so, it could be going
out.  If you have never gotten it to work, then don't throw it out just yet.

> BTW, the kernel version is 2.2.14pre17 with all the relevant modules
> compiled into the kernel.

> Jason

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org