[OLUG] Network Collisions

John Williams jw43405 at navix.net
Fri Jan 28 13:37:04 UTC 2000

Actually when you look at your ifconfig it shows that no packets were
dropped.  As far as collisions go, it is normal for this to happen.  Your
network card is designed to deal with collisions and back off from sending
packets for a random period of time before trying again.  Collisions do
effect network performance when the network gets large enough.  A switch
would be a better alternative to a hub as far as that goes.

John