[OLUG] Much Ado about Nothing

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Mon Jan 24 23:11:37 UTC 2000

Paul, do you have a fast net connection now?  If so, Phil does not need to
"come over" to help you; he can just telnet (or ssh) his way in and you can
watch over his sholder as he sets up elm or xmh on your machine.

Do you have (A)DSL now?  Can you telnet in to your box from the outside?
Create an acount for me, please; I have some kernels to compile ;-)

Paul T.McNally says:

> Phil Brutsche wrote:
>

> > I think you're misunderstanding the problem.  Netscape doesn't have any
> > problem creating them.  The problem is that X11 Netscape can't parse the
> > message correctly, and all you see is a blank message under X11.
> >
> > Definitely a Netscape problem; Pine can handle the message just fine.
> >

> You are correct Phil, I did miss your point.
>
> Hopefully I'll have something else to use by this time next week.
> mh/xmh or mailman - pine is OK or Elm.
> Can you come over and help me? yuk yuk
>
> Sorry about my jump to the wrong conclusion.
>
> Paul

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org