[OLUG] Introduction and DSL ISP question

kaygee kegaut01 at willy.wsc.edu
Mon Jan 24 03:28:06 UTC 2000

Oh yes, I've considered the cable modem option but it looked like cox at home
was the main choice (I'll admit I didn't look overly in depth) and they
seem to use some proprietary software which at first glance would seem to
rule out them being tolerant of Linux (although I'm sure the service would
work on Linux).  If cable modem access is the recommendation of the group
for copious/cost effective bandwith I'll certainly give it a more thorough
investigation. What cable modem ISP do most OLUG members use?

Keith
There's ease of use and then there's ease of usefulness.
Choose usefulness. Choose Linux.