[OLUG] PPC boxes available

puzzled puzzled at home.com
Sun Jan 23 17:04:53 UTC 2000

   I received a couple of PPC boxes this week and I think I am going to
have to sell them with Valentine's Day rapidly approaching. Specs are as
follows:

Apple ANS 500/133
133 MHz PPC 604
32 meg of dram
2x2 gig scsi disks
1 dat drive - 90m?
1 CD rom
apple AUI port with adapter
VGA style video port, apple keyboard and mouse, audio, etc

   These are a deskside box about 24" tall with lots of drive bays in
front. They're cosmetically perfect, known working pulls. They've been
taken out of service because the AIX journaling file system was not Y2K
compliant and it was not fixed. They don't run MacOS but they will work
with PPC linux. The 32 meg of ram is two 72 pin simms and I think they
have either six or eight more ram slots available so you can grow them
up to being a decent workstation.

   As I mentioned its Valentine's day soon so I am looking for cash for
them.  I suppose I'd consider a short term (3 month) payment plan if
you're dirt poor and you're going to have an aneurysm if you don't get
one of these machines to fondle.