[OLUG] failures

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 13:13:27 UTC 2000

have you tried switchdesk from inside fvwm.  I think
switchdesk comes with RedHat.  Otherwise I know there
is a .something file that you just put startkde in and
it will start with kde everytime.  I'm at work now but
I did that at home and it worked.  I'll go home
tonight and look up where it is.

Another thing I learned about reinstalls is to write
down all the little changes that you made to tweak the
OS.  I did that and my last 4 installs have went
great.  This kde desktop is just that kind of tweak.
I'll look on my cheat sheet and email you with it.
Unless somebody out there can tell him right now how
and where to do it.

Another thing might be to kill X windows and get to a
command prompt.  Then type kdm (k desktop manager)
which will give you a graphical login.  From the kdm
screen I think you can choose desktops to go into.  I
know there is kdm and xdm and maybe gdm (gnome).  Try
one of those for now.

=====
Eric Penne
epenne at ieee.org