[OLUG] Looking for help...

Quinn Coldiron qcoldiron at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 15:45:47 UTC 2000

Just wanted to pass this along so that anybody interested would know.
Methodist Health Systems is looking for an Oracle Administrator.  The listing
in the World Herald doesn't list everything that would help you get the job, so
here is what we are doing:

We have 5 production Oracle instances running on AIX and 2-4 developmental
instances, depending on when you talk to us.  Most of the schema administration
and changes come to us as canned SQL scripts from the vendors.  We do very
little custom database creation, mainly normal Oracle tuning, sizing and backup
management.

We have started some Intranet development in Perl on Linux so this person would
have an opportunity to do some Web database development in Perl.  Many of our
Perl scripts interface with Oracle to get the data for the web pages.

We mainly run AIX, but I've slowly started introducing Linux into the
production environment where I can.  Currently the Intranet application server
is running RedHat 6.1.

If you have specific questions, just email me.

Quinn

Here is the add from the Omaha World Herald:
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

Requires excellent analytical, problem solving, communications and customer
service skills. Other requirements include 2 to 4 years computer related
experience in a business setting with Oracle administration and support.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Forward your resume to Jean Locy, Methodist Health
System, 8511 West Dodge Road, Omaha, NE 68114, email to jlocy at nmhs.org or visit
our website at http://www.bestcare.org and complete an application on line.

=====
     ~	   Quinn P. Coldiron