[OLUG] RedHat cert study

Tim Russell russell at probe.net
Fri Jan 14 15:08:34 UTC 2000

Drazak <drazak at moongate.net> said:

>I would assume that the HANDS ON portion of the tests would keep it
>certainly viable.  Cisco has a very well respected certification program,
>and they dont require NDA's (last I checked).  I hate NDA's; most geeks I
>know hate NDA's.  I'm still the only employee at my company that hasnt
>signed the standard Intellectual Property agreement (actually, they said I
>was the first person to actually read it :) )  I stated my reasoning for
>not wanting to sign it, and they accepted it.

I guess I can kind of see their point - I think (but don' t KNOW, so don't
flame me..) that a person can buy study books for the MCSE that have the
exact test questions in them, and I think RedHat is trying to avoid that...

When I came to work for my current employer, they wanted me to sign a
document that basically said that anything I did with computers while I was
their employee belonged to them..  I made them change it to "relating to
work performed for the company", which took quite awhile and a lawyer or
two.  But I had them where I wanted them, because they had a big project on
their plate with me being their only hope of staffing it...

Tim