[OLUG] civ

Paul McNally nally at radiks.net
Tue Jan 11 04:43:50 UTC 2000

on 1/10/00 10:07 PM, pohl at screaming.org at pohl at screaming.org wrote:

> http://www.freeciv.org/
>
> Are there any other freeciv addicts on the list?  I got crushed in
> a very fun game this weekend by a BSD user from Omaha.  I managed
> to research Corporation for the first time ever -- had my cities
> producing "capitalization" to fund defensive submarines around my
> continent.  He managed to land some tanks and my cities fell like
> dominoes.  It's the most fun computer game I've yet encountered.

I got my monster machine loaded with Redhat 6.1. Vincent of OLUG
said that I could load Debian as well and let the two systems
share filesystems. He said there is a HOWTO on it. I'm definitely
going to check on that. Right now I'm rebuilding the kernel (I have
dual processors).

I don't think I'll have everything ready for the freeciv tomorrow, as
a matter of fact another OLUG member is teaching a class on Tuesdays
(File Systems Structures) at UNO and he is going to let me sit in on
it for free. I think it starts tomorrow.

Paul