[OLUG] routing problems (Was: failures)

pohl at screaming.org pohl at screaming.org
Mon Jan 10 22:53:34 UTC 2000

> since you can ping yourself, I'm assuming that your ping is not
> broken. But it does seem that your resolver is broken.

It can't be the resolver library, because he's pinging the far
end by IP address, so there's no need for a name lookup.

My guess is that your route is not being set up correctly.
What's the output of "netstat -r" with the link up?  I have
DSL so I haven't done PPP for a while now...don't remember
how the routing entry gets created -- but I'm confident that
it's the issue.