[OLUG] X11 forwarding with ssh

puzzled puzzled at home.com
Sat Jan 8 15:31:57 UTC 2000

  ssh -v (not -d) 24.3.233.120 yields the following:

cx54647-b.omhaw1.ne.home.com: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication
spoofing.
cx54647-b.omhaw1.ne.home.com: Remote: Remote host has no X11 installed.
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could not
be run
on the server side.

   I knew they were going to be text only when I installed them so I
completely ignored any X11 stuff to save disk space.

  The next big question ... what is the minimal stuff to install to get an X
client box working? I don't have any particular app in mind yet, I am just
starting to play ....

  and thanks for the quick response