[OLUG] X11 forwarding with ssh

puzzled puzzled at home.com
Sat Jan 8 04:01:58 UTC 2000

  Below is the message I get from my #3 PC when I ssh in from machine
#2. Both machine's hostnames match their real DNS names and a brief
inspection of traffic between the two using tcpdump shows only machine
#2 starting an ssh session to machine #3. I have never done anything
special to my .Xauthority file and x forwarding works fine on another
system I have access to so the problem is *not* on the server side - can
anyone point to a URL that explains how this stuff works?

Connection to 24.3.233.120 closed.
[root at cx54647-b puzzled]# ssh 24.3.233.120
Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program could
not be run on the server side.
Last login: Fri Jan  7 21:43:58 2000 from cx54647-b.omhaw1.ne.home.com
No mail.
[root at cx54647-c /root]#