[OLUG] failures

Nathan Brown tbrown at radiks.net
Wed Jan 5 18:16:36 UTC 2000

Ok i pinged the olug site with both name and number.
the name returned nothing
the number returned only the first line "Ping olug.bstc.net (2007.239.221.11) :
56 data bytes"
I have the numbers in the etc/resolv.conf file it reads
search
nameserver 205.138.126.6
nameserver 207.232.72.1
redcpu told me to make sure i have bind installed .. i have never heard of this
one and also to look in /etc/networks to make sure dns is in that ..... i cannot
fing the /etc/networks file.
also told me to look in nsswitch.conf to make sure dns is on the files part of
that too but i did not understand the method of searching that file i used more
and got instructions but didn't get anywhere .
thanks again,
nate