[OLUG] /dev/modem lock

mesc mesc at radiks.net
Thu Feb 17 00:58:22 UTC 2000

Hi....Let me start by saying i'm happy i found a group of local linux users.I have 2 questions,1.I have a 5.5 gig HD with windows (blah) on 2 gigs and linux on the rest I reformat occasionally because windows  gives me frequent problems,(linux never does :) My problem is no matter how i delete or format my windows partiton when i go to reinstall windows it tells me theres not enough space on the drive and  ask if i would like to format it before i install windows and that therefore wipes out  my linux too,does anyone know how to prevent this?
    2.This last time i reinstalled  linux my ppp won't dial out,i use the ifup command to start my ppp usually but i get nothing.Everytime i reinstalled linux before that ppp worked after i ran netcfg w/o changing any files,is it possible i need to edit some files now and if so can someone  point me in the right direction ?:)

                            Thank you,Gary Martin