[OLUG] Opinions

Rogers, John C NWD02 John.C.Rogers at nwd02.usace.army.mil
Tue Feb 15 22:34:46 UTC 2000

We have done this before and decided to assign the addresses and bind
multiple IPs to the NIC because of the headers thing.  It also made the
logging easier to decode with Netscape server because each site is bound to
a different IP so all hits, etc are logged separately for reporting
requirements.  From our experience there are people out there that use
Nescape 2.0 but they are dying off fast.  The IPs were not a concern for us
so I have no clue about saving them for other uses.  A good description page
about the pros/cons was called two servers one host or something like that.
I am sure yahoo would find it.

Good luck,
John