[OLUG] StarOffice as a netscape helper application

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Sat Feb 12 15:39:58 UTC 2000

> Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with using StarOffice as a
> helper application with netscape email?  I'd like to be able to
> recieve email (HTML and plain) that have MS-Word and/or MS-Excel
> attachements.  It would be great if I could just double click and open
> up the MS-* attachements.  Is netscape w/ StarOffice the best way to
> do this or does StarOffice have email too?

StarOffice has it's own email and web browsing components.  The web
browser seems to do a pretty good job with most things; it lacks anything
useful in terms of JavaScript and Java, unfortunately.  I've never been
able to get the email component to work (but I haven't exactly tried,
either...).

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein