[OLUG] Problems w/Netscape

John jkennedy at orent.com
Thu Feb 10 17:02:40 UTC 2000

Hello all,
I am currently using Netscape 4.7 (from the tarball) on a Mandrake Linux
6.5 machine.  For some reason if I try to go t a password protected site
and either cancel the login screen or enter the wrong user/password it
kills netscape entirely.  I am having the same problem whenever I try
and use netscape mail except with mail it will do it the first 2-6 times
I try to log on even with the correct password.  Is anyone else having
the same problem???  I had the same results with RedHat 6.1 and Netscape
4.61 and 4.7. (Haven't tried 4.61 on this box yet...)
John

--
Your anti-Microsoft signatures for Thurssday are...

What if Bill Gates got a penny each time a Windows computer crashed?
Oh, wait...he already does!

The first time Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck, is when
they start making vacuum cleaners.