[OLUG] Article mentions a Omaha Linux firm

Adam Lassek lunatik at radiks.net
Thu Feb 10 06:53:55 UTC 2000

The best operating system in the world is useless if your admin is an idiot.
I hate it when people take something like that to mean a faulty OS. And what
the hell is this:

Dos uses a version of GNU/Linux running on 20 Penguin servers for a number
of purposes throughout his company. He will not reveal what version or
distribution he is using, nor will he say what he is using the operating
system for.
The reason? Security through obscurity.
[...]
A spreadsheet running on SuSE Inc.'s Linux will look the
same as a spreadsheet running on Caldera's OpenLinux, but the versions would

invite different plans of attack because of variations in the kernels.

Excuse me? Kernels plural? Since when would Caldera and SuSE be running
different kernels?

David A Davidson wrote:

> Here is an interesting article found on www.linuxtoday.com from
> zdnet. The article is good but as expected you get your FUD
> from zdnet. The article mentions a local linux company.
>
> Enjoy the article at:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/filters/printerfriendly/0,6061,2430772-92,00.html
>
> --

God, root, what is difference? - Pitr