[OLUG] XFree86

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Tue Feb 8 16:57:34 UTC 2000

> 	My DualHead G400 is enroute to Des Moines :-) ... Any words of wisdom
> on which snapshot you're using?  I see the current snapshot is 3.9.17,
> with no binary distribution available.  Any quirks building from source?

Nope, it builds right out of the box.  You just need to read the
documentation to know

a) how to build it
b) how to change the destination directory from something other than
/usr/X11R6 so that you don't loose your existing 3.3.x installation
and
c) what you need to do to your XF86Config to get it to work right

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein