[olug] netscape

Nathan Brown tbrownarcher at home.com
Fri Dec 29 23:36:11 UTC 2000

William Mathis wrote:

> What file format are you sending the picture? Tiff or jpg? You can convert
> the picture to a
> jpg file and save it at a medium high compression, but try reducing the size
> of the pic or
> compress the file using a file compression utility. Also screen resolution
> size can lower the
> files size. A typical monitor has a screen resolution of 96 dpi.

I'm sending sending a jpg ...... there are 3 different file sizes ...
the size that  file manager reports ... the size that netscape mail
reports I'm sending and the size that the either cox or the destination
reports they received ... I think it's the destination that i'm seeing
there .

the one file manager reports is 3043 K, the one Netscape Email reports
8047 K both are upper case apparently and the one that is reported back
from the destination and is about 1.5 meg(given in bytes) larger than
that reported by file manager.  > I don't know what monitor is as far as
dpi.  It is fairly typical ... a cheapy from DIT.