[olug] Debian Install

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 22 09:42:10 UTC 2000

Bravo, Dan.  I'm glad to here that you have that level of
knowledge of linux.  I will give the adv install a shot
the next time around and allocate a man day or two for
reading/problem_solving in case there are snafoos, but I
would still advice the simple method for someone having
problems getting basic stuff installed.  Wouldn't you?
I mean, I don't want to send the original poster back to
another install if you know better...?

The way I see it, if you have a hosed install you can
spend about 3hr per problem solving possibly a dozen
problems or you can go back to square one.  Which brings
us to rule #2 in the dummies handbook: Often the quickest
path forward involves going directly backwards.

Then again, maybe I'm just circling? ;)

Mike McNally		mmcnally3 at prodigy.net