[olug] multiple OS's On 2 disks

Nathan Brown tbrownarcher at home.com
Fri Dec 1 04:17:06 UTC 2000

I have succeeded in getting lilo to boot all 3 operating systems from the hard
drives ..... however when I boot redhat from the harfddisk with lilo it will not
load eth0 so i cannot use my network .  However when i boot using the floppy boot
disk i can use everything incluting thenetwork ... I cannot go into linuxconf or
netcfg or anything else and acually get it to boot the eth0 either.

I'm wondering if it's because when I installed I partitioned 2 partitions for
each linux system, they are /boot and / for both suse and redhat.  but when i
configured the system I adjusted lilo to boot from /

I am wondering if on install you make a /boot then the system boots from that
partition and so all my configurations for eth0 were there and now that i'm using
/ to boot from if that is why i lost them ..... however that don't explain to me
why I cannot configure the system using linuxconf or netcfg?

thanks for listening
Nate