[olug] Eric Penne and Richard M. Stallman

Paul.McNally at dtn.com Paul.McNally at dtn.com
Mon Aug 28 08:45:25 UTC 2000

Both the guys in the subject line should be proud. I installed Debian 2.2
"Potato" yesterday, on my own (I have a reputable witness). I even got
XWindows
going. Eric if you ever need any help, just email Phil Brutsche..... yuk
yuk.

After the install, a program called vrms ran (virtual richard m. stallman)
to see if I
had any non-free software installed on my system and it came up with 0, and
stated that rms would be very proud of me. I think vrms is great.

Hopefully I'll get home this morning, build a kernel based on sources from
2.4.0-test7 so I can use my network cards, and get my machine running. Soon
I'll have a new website up powered by Debian and Zope.

 For me, RedHat was great to run/learn. Now it's time to crank it up a
notch.