[olug] Gathering this Friday at Yiayia's in Lincoln

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Wed Aug 23 21:20:49 UTC 2000

Envy: it's a bad thing.

Friday I was sauntering downtown and happened to spot obanta's BMW.
I knew it was his -- who else has "UID 0" license plates?  Now, I knew
he had one, but it didn't really sink in until I saw it in the flesh.
Imagine darting around town at the wheel of that little sportster, top
down, downshifting and throwing the car into corners as pedestrians and
minivan drivers stare, slack-jawed.  Of course, Ollie doesn't have to
imagine, that SOB.

To make matters worse, for weeks I've been drooling over the Compaq
iPAQ, the $500 handheld that runs Linux (including X11), has 32 MB RAM,
plays MP3s, and slips into your breast pocket.  Imagine my amazement to
learn that my friend jweno _won_ an iPAQ.  From Microsoft of all people.
He wasn't even sure what they were!  I had to tell him where to find
the Linux info on them (www.handhelds.org).  Patently unfair.

Please join the usual gang as we down a few beverages, discuss Unix
and Linux (especially on handhelds), and help me celebrate the cruelty
of fate.  With luck, the aforementioned lucky stiffs will be there to
buy a round and share the wealth a bit.

--> Where: Yiayia's in downtown Lincoln.
--> When:  Friday, August 25, 2000 starting at about 5:30
--> What:  Food, beverages, and the usual discussion topics.

--
Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619