[olug] debian ping/networking problem

Mike McNally mmcnally3 at prodigy.net
Sat Aug 5 20:32:11 UTC 2000

still can't ping localhostname or adr;  can ping localhost or 127...
error:  Network is unreachable

I changed my init.d/network file to be more like the net3howto and did a
kill -SIGHUP inet.d-psid to no avail, so it would seem the problem is in
the ipfwadm lines in init.d/netbase.

grep ipfwadm netbase returns
ipfwadm -I -d deny -o -P all -S 127.0.0.0.0/8 -W eth0 -D 0/0 2>/deb/null
|| true
ipfwadm -I -i deny -o -P all -S 127.0.0.0.0/8 -W eth0 -D 0/0 2>/deb/null

...and no allow lines.  Are the allow lines in a different file?  (I
doubt it)

Would someone please attach a working init.d/netbase file for me.
Hopefully a simple one.  I probably just need to add a couple allow
lines.

Thanks, my allowable unix study time, has been limited lately, so any
help would be greatly appreciated.

mike