[OLUG] new lilo

Dave Burchell burchell at inetnebr.com
Wed Apr 26 16:02:10 UTC 2000

Cool.

GRUB was mentioned here a while back.  Have you used GRUB, and if so,
how does it compare with LILO?  Are we going to see GRUB replace LILO any
time soon as the stanadard for our favorite Linux distro?

Eric Penne says:

> The stuff at the end is from freshmeat.  As soon as
> this is implemented it will make new user installs
> even easier.  Finally.
>
> That is always one of the biggest questions I get
> asked with newbies:  I have a xx GB drive and the book
> says something about a 1024 cylinder thing,  how do I
> get around that or make it work?
>
> Eric
>

> Lilo 0.21.4.2
>     Joerg Baumann - April 26th 2000, 09:45 EST
>
> --snip--
>     Changes: The 1024-cylinder limit has been removed
> by a patch that uses the EDD bios extensions and
> supports up to 2 TB
>     disks.
>
>     Urgency: low

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org