[OLUG] RedHat 6.2

Jon Keene jkeene at cse.unl.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:49:21 UTC 2000

John,

I have a Redhat/Windows box with an Ultra66 card.  Only the Windows
drive is attached to the ultra66 though, the linux drive is on an
ide cable.  At the time I installed the card Redhat didn't support
the it, so I went to the promise web site, downloaded the source
and recompiled for my kernel.  So I can now access my windows files
from linux (which, come to think of it, I never do ;).

I would bet that RH 6.2 comes with the driver for the card, but
redhat's hardware compatibility link isn't working at the moment.
You might want to download the latest linux driver from
http://www.promise.com/FTP/index.asp, and read the U66linux.txt
file -- it details some limitations you might be interested in.

Yers,
Jon