[OLUG] Caution to @home users

Adam Lassek lunatik at radiks.net
Sun Apr 9 06:35:25 UTC 2000

Wow, they sure layed on the BS pretty thick. This isn't new, though. I
have a friend on Cox, and he was being scanned months ago.
   I'd like to know why they're so freaking upset over servers--even
ones going out--if you're not using  up a whole lot of bandwidth. If I
wanted to set up my own pop&smtp mail server (mostly just to learn how)
would they send me a nastygram? It's just email--that would be less
traffic than browsing the web. Or even a web server. Would my piddly
little homepage screw over everyone else on my switch? Not likely.