[OLUG] redhat 5.2 on laptop

Tom Langham thurlowelangham at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 23:39:56 UTC 2000

Hello,

I am ready to put linux on my gateway solo laptop and
would like to do a dual boot with win 98.  I think i
can handle that part of it but should i let it probe
for monitor settings?  I do not want to ruin my
screen.

I have heard others having problems with redhat
recongnizing their modem.  I have a USRobotics
Sportster 14,400.  Will redhat recognize this?

Are there other problems i should be looking for as
well.  If this works well i will be removing windows
eventually. But want to make sure it works well first.

thank you

tom

=====
Tom