[OLUG] Ethernet cards and Linux...

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Thu Sep 9 19:19:45 UTC 1999

What's the general consensus as to the best ethernet card for a server?
This server handles a large (what I would call large) amount of
web traffic a day (transferring a large amount of data - usually 2GB in a
one-week period), as well as the occasional email and file serving
(through Samba).  It currently has a tulip-based card (a Linksys PNIC
tulip clone).

I'm willing to go with the cost of getting a 3Com PCI ethernet card, but I
also have a Realtek 8029 (PCI NE2000 clone) that worked perfectly for
several months.

Which do you people think I should go with?

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstien