[OLUG] meeting & installing LRH6.0 SPARC

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Thu Nov 18 14:41:04 UTC 1999

Rado,
I could get a Solaris 7 (5/98) for you.  I may not be at the meeting but
I'll try and get it to you..
John Kennedy

Rado Bonk wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I would like to bring my SUN SPARCstation LX, to the next meeting to
> install LRH 6.0 SPARC. I would bring SPARCstation LX and SUN CD-ROM.
> There is no floppy drive at LX, so I would like to ask if somebody can
> bring a floppy for SUN to have possibility to install Linux on the SUN.
> Could somebody bring  its own LRH 6.0 SPARC CD? My own CD seems not to
> be bootable. I have seen a nice SUN monitor at previous meeting, is it
> still there? And finaly I would like to ask somebody to be so kind and
> pick me up with all this stuff at UNO campus, since I don't have a car.
> Thanks,
> Rado
>
> PS: This one doesn't concern to Linux: Is it possible to burn Solaris
> 7.0 on CD.  If yes I would like to ask somebody to do that. I am not
> shur,  is it legal? I have a SUN ULTRA 1 at the department, and I would
> like to upgrade SUN OS 5.6

I sense much NT in you.  NT leads to bluescreen, bluescreen leads to
downtime,
downtime leads to suffering.  NT is the path to the darkside.  Powerful
UNIX
is.
 - Jedi SysAdmin

What if Bill Gates got a penny each time a Windows computer crashed?
Oh, wait...he already does!

If you need to point-and-click to administer a machine,
you have no business administering a machine.